Search

Elders Get Better Pain Relief Through Weed Than Opioids




One of the most difficult parts of life is the later years. Yes, you are wiser and more experienced but the trade-off kinda sucks. As with everything old, your body starts to degrade and break down. The 'hinges' squeak, the 'processing plant' makes weird noises and sometimes, the 'computer' gets loopy. It's old age. For us, youngsters, it's sad to see grandpa struggle but for grandpa himself, some days are more difficult than others.


Until recent years, unfortunately the only legal alternative was opioids, and as we've seen, that only opens a whole new can of worms which is why Cannabis is such a huge game changer. 204 medical Cannabis patients in a study conducted by a team of neurological researchers in New York, discovered that 18% of the subjects said they had better sleep, 15% noted improvement in symptoms of nerve pain and 10% said Cannabis reduced their anxiety. About 75% of the study's participants had received a chronic pain diagnosis and the remaining 25% had a wide range of chronic diseases, from cancer to epilepsy to Parkinson’s.

“A majority of patients came back and said, ‘I’m better,'”
Senior researcher Dr. Laszlo Mechtler, medical director of the Dent Neurological Institute in Amherst, N.Y. said

Now, as with every drug, Cannabis isn't free of side effects, the most notable, it's psychoactive effects and as it's expected more than a third of the patients reported discomfort and debilitating side effects like sleepiness and coordination problems from the medical Marijuana, but after adjusting the dosages and Cannabinoid concentrations for those patients only 21% continued with the symptoms. Although according to Mechtler, 1:1 ratio of THC to CBD was the ideal Cannabinoid ratio. In the end, of the study only 3% of the study's participants dropped the medication due to the side effects.


The study strictly tracked patients 75 years and older and although the study's results speak for themselves, more research is needed. And this of course isn't the first time that seniors are benefited by the properties of Cannabis, last year another study discovered that Marijuana helps to stop and revert the effects of neuro-degenerative diseases like Alzheimer's and Dementia. All in all, Opioid age seems to be coming to an end and that's a good thing.


Read more about it at hightimes.com:

https://hightimes.com/news/study-finds-medical-marijuana-alleviates-seniors-pain-reduces-opioid-use/


Thanks very much for reading and if you enjoyed this post, please feel free to share it or help us keep this going by visiting our shop and purchasing a t-shirt and follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter to find out about the latest posts and giveaways and as always, stay happy!



12 views

The central hub for all things Cannijuana Friends. Episode content, apparel, & events.  

Quick Links
Help
Contact

©2017 by Peace420. 

  • CF_Social_03
  • CF_Social_04
  • CF_Social_02
  • CF_Social_01
Follow Us